EFFECTIVE UNTIL 19 JULY 2021
For as long as pandemic restrictions are in effect, training is being undertaken on a limited basis in accordance with Kennel Club guidelines.
Attendance at classes is by invitation only. If you have not yet been contacted by our team, the Head Trainer or Membership Secretary will be in touch once a place is available for you.
We are currently operating a limited number of classes with a reduced number of 5 members per class. Consequently not all members can currently be accommodated every week.
Invited members who accept a place at training will be allocated a class in advance of their return.
Training will take place in accordance with the following temporary rules:
- Only members with an allocated class will be allowed to train.
- Members must register with the Head Trainer in front of the clubhouse before entering the field.
- All members and instructors must always socially distance and must follow route signage when on the field.
- No equipment or water will be supplied by the club. Members must supply their own.
- No refreshments, handouts or facilities will be supplied.
- Only exercises that can be performed whilst social distancing will be taught.
- Good citizen dog scheme tests will be suspended.
- Dogs must always remain on a lead whilst at the training ground.
- There will be a marked route to/from the classes which must be used.
- If a member misses two training sessions without informing the instructor, they will lose their place and it will be offered to another member.
Although we are taking every precaution possible, training will be at the member’s risk.
EFFECTIVE FROM 20 JULY 2021
Following the lifting of legal restrictions, the Club is resuming full capacity training.
For the time being attendance at classes is still by invitation only. New applicants will continue to be placed onto the waiting list and will be invited to join the Club as soon as a training place is available for them. Renewing members should notify the Membership Secretary of their interest to restart training via our renewal form. The Membership Secretary will be in touch to agree the next available restart date.
While training session capacity is no longer limited by pandemic rules, the Club has set a new maximum capacity due to factors such as the size of the field, the number of volunteer trainers and the impact of overcrowding on the effectiveness of training. Classes will be limited to 10 members.
While the Club has lifted the majority of the temporary pandemic rules, it will continue to operate the policy that if a member misses two training sessions without informing their instructor, they will lose their place and it will be offered to another member.
In line with the Government guidance, despite the lifting of legal restrictions, we recommend that members continue to practice Covid-safe habits when appropriate for both their own safety and the safety of those around them.
Training will continue to be at the member’s risk.